We Will Shop Your Tow Truck Insurance in Fenton Missouri!
If you have been searching for ” Tow Truck Insurance Fenton Missouri “, your search is over. MJM Insurance of Fenton has agents who specialize in Transportation Insurance Services, and they know almost as much about your business as you do. Our agents have relationships with many Missouri Transportation Insurance Carriers, which allows us to shop Towing insurance for you and customize your policy to meet your needs.
Tow truck owners who do not carry the proper insurance coverages are taking a huge risk. If you are involved in an accident and a car you are towing skids into another vehicle, you would be responsible for paying medical expenses and property damages related to the accident. Insurance is especially important if you operate your tow truck in inclement weather or tow vehicles that may have hazardous materials on board.
~ Accidents Happen and That is Why it is SO Important to Protect Your Livelihood ~
Commercial drivers and truckers must carry tow truck insurance. If you do not, you will be responsible for property and bodily injury damages that exceed the amount of insurance your policy will pay. Bodily Injury and Property Damage Coverages are standard forms of liability insurance that all motor vehicle owners are required to carry by Missouri law. Failure to keep the minimum insurance requirements on your tow truck could result in fines and/or you could have your commercial driver’s license suspended.
There are several types of businesses that need Tow Truck Insurance in Fenton Missouri. Our agents will work directly with:
- Roadside Service Providers
- Auto Salvage Companies
- Auto Club Contractors
- Rotational Towing
- Auto Repair Shops
- Auto Body Shops
- Car Dealerships
- Police Towing and Impound Lots
- And More! – Give us a call and ask!
Alert: Not All Tow Truck Insurance Is The Same
Missouri tow truck insurance coverages may vary among Insurance Carriers, so it is important that you work with an Agent that represents multiple, top-rated Transportation Insurance Companies. Agents with MJM Insurance of Fenton can also customize your Business Auto and Garage Legal Liability policy to fit your Towing Service business needs.
Basic Business Auto Coverages
- Bodily Injury protects you in case you cause an accident in which another person is injured. It covers the damages that you’re legally responsible for, and provides a legal defense if someone sues you for damages.
- Property Damage covers your legal responsibility for damages to the property of others caused by collision with your car. In an accident, the “property of others” is usually another car, but it also covers damage to public and private property such as road signs, bridges or buildings, up to the limits written into the policy.
- Fire and Theft Coverage provides protection for your vehicle in case it is damaged by specific, non-collision incidents. Specific circumstances include fire, theft, windstorm or hail, earthquake, lightning, flood, vandalism and collision with an animal.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage insurance protects you if your tow truck is damaged due to a non-auto accident related event. Comprehensive insurance, as well as fire and theft insurance, would protect you if your tow truck was stolen or damaged due to a fire.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage protects you in the event that you or your tow truck incur damages caused by another driver who did not have enough, or any, auto insurance to cover the damages that were made to you or to your tow truck.
On-Hook Towing Insurance
This coverage will help pay for damages to vehicles you are towing. The on-hook coverage is generally provided by the garage keepers legal liability (GKLL) endorsement (see below). The GKLL limit is a blanket limit that applies to all towing vehicles on the policy.
Garage Keepers Legal Liability Insurance
This will cover vehicles you are storing for clients. The GLL insurance is usually provided as an automatic endorsement that is added to the Business Auto coverage. This liability coverage covers loss of, or physical damage to vehicles being towed, and while in your care, custody, or control and is designed for towing and wrecker service businesses. As mentioned above, the on-hook coverage of garage keepers’ legal liability insurance provides coverage for a non-owned vehicle that you are towing.
Miscellaneous Property Floater
A miscellaneous property floater covers your business personal property that is in transit such as tools and other cargo that you have in your tow truck. This coverage will protect against risks of direct physical loss or damage to your scheduled covered property.
Motor Truck Cargo Insurance
Motor Truck Cargo insurance is provided via an endorsement to insure items other than motor vehicles licensed for road use. This coverage provides legal liability for towing companies while transporting property (cargo) of others. Since the towing operator is seen as a common carrier, they are responsible for the safe delivery of the goods they are transporting (customer’s vehicles and the contents of the vehicle), and thus owe a very high degree of care to their customer.
Business Income & Extra Expense Insurance
Business income insurance & expense coverages will reimburse your towing business for loss of income and profits if your property is damaged from a covered peril and out-of-service. The coverage continues until the property can be restored or replaced, or until the limit has been reached. The extra expense coverage includes extra expenses that business must make during the time of loss such as rent, mortgage payments, taxes, and utility services.
Tow Truck Commercial Auto Insurance Filings
Different Trucking Operations require different filings. Do Not Worry–We help our clients with the State and Federal Transportation Insurance Filing Forms including those listed below.
Federal Truck Filings and Forms
- BMC-32 filing
- BMC-34 filing
- BMC-91 and BMC-91X filing
- MCS-90 form
Intrastate Truck Filings
- Form E filing
- Form F filing
- Form H filing
- Form K filing
Tow Truck Insurance Resources
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
US Department of Transportation
The National Transportation Safety Board
Directory of State Patrol and State Police
MJM Insurance of Fenton is a supporting member of the Missouri Association of Insurance Agents and committed to the Trusted Choice® Pledge. Our agents will work with you to help you understand your Missouri Tow Truck Insurance options and review your risks to ensure you are properly protected. Contact us today for a free evaluation of your current policy and risk assessment.
Additional Insurance Coverages Our Agents Can Offer You